UC Merced features interdisciplinary research, connecting physics research to chemistry, life sciences and engineering. Our collaborative faculty work with students on a broad range of research topics.
The physics group also includes affiliate faculty from other UC Merced graduate groups. Physics students may also carry out their physics graduate research with these groups.
- Mehmet Z. Baykara: tribology and surface science (Mechanical Engineering)
- Sarah Kurtz: solar energy (Materials and Biomaterials Science and Engineering)
- Jennifer Lu: functional material synthesis (Materials and Biomaterials Science and Engineering)
- Victor Muñoz: biophysics (Bioengineering)
- Alex Noy: biomaterials (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
- Anand Subramaniam: biomaterials (Bioengineering)
- Tao Ye: bio/nano interfaces (Chemistry and Biochemistry)