32nd Workshop on Recent Developments in Electronic Structure, UC Merced, 2-5 June 2020
Tuesday June 2 is for arrival and registration in the afternoon/evening. The scientific sessions of the conference start on Wednesday morning and finish at noon on Friday.
- David Strubbe and Aurora Pribram-Jones, UC Merced
- Steven Louie and Jeffrey Neaton, UC Berkeley and LBNL
Registration will be available in March.
- Physical Review Journals (American Physical Society)
- Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter (Institute of Physics Publishing)
A "roadmap" perspective article for J. Phys.: Condens. Matt. is planned based on the workshop.
Invited speakers (confirmed so far)
- Sayantani Ghosh, Department of Physics, University of California, Merced
- Beth Nowadnick, Department of Materials and Biomaterials Science and Engineering, University of California, Merced
Getting to Merced
- Air: Boutique Air has flights from Sacramento and Los Angeles to Merced's tiny airport, a 20-minute drive from campus. Fresno airport (FAT) is 1 hour's drive away from Merced, and has flights from some major airports in the western half of the US, and O'Hare. San Francisco (the main international airport in the area), San José, Oakland, and Sacramento airports are all 2 hours' drive away. You can also take Amtrak from Fresno, San Francisco, Oakland, and Sacramento.
- Rail: Amtrak's San Joaquins line runs between Oakland and Bakersfield, and connects to Sacramento.
- Driving: Merced is located just off Highway 99. See driving directions here. Los Angeles is about 5 hours' drive away.
- Weather: In June, high temperatures are typically around 90 F. Rain is rare.
- The workshop housing, talks, poster session, and meals will all be on campus (map), which is about 15 minutes drive from downtown Merced. Address: 5200 N. Lake Rd., Merced, CA 95343.
The meeting will be conducted according to the American Physical Society's Code of Conduct for APS Meetings.